Saturday, April 20, 2013
Simplicity 2481 Baby Shoes
I made my lil mama some shoes using this pattern by simplicity. I found them easy to make and currently have a small assembly line waiting to run through my sewing machine. I altered the pattern a little to give the shoes more of a professional and finished look and didn't leave any raw edges by encasing the upper tops with bias tape. I also added a personal touch to the d
Final product. Here are two pairs that I've made so far. The pairs I made are from View D. I found that most of the pattern pieces are identical only differences among them were the notches and placement of marks. Once you made one it was easy to tweak the pattern and freestyle the sewing to finish the product to your liking.
The first pair I made I used felt as the lining and i liked the way it felt once the project was complete. It felt a lot sturdier and had more weight to it than the 2nd pair I made only using wonder under to fuse to the two pieces of fabric together. I think for my third pair what I'm going todo is fuse both fabric pieces to a piece of felt and see how that holds up at the end. Obviously these are not meant to walk in or for heavy duty use, but adding felt in between the two fabrics seems like it will increase the lifetime of these pretty little shoes and like they will hold up better.