About Me

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adele-Rolling in the Deep



First and foremost, by far one of my favorite songs RIGHT NOW. The first time I heard this song about a week ago, instant chills ran up and down my arms, back, and had my hairs stand on end.  Adele's voice is amazing, beautiful, touching, and moving.

Second, it's one of those songs that touches home one way or another. How many of us have not felt exactly what she is siging? How many of us havn't been hurt before? Had another hold your heart and "play it to the beat"? How many of us don't get involved with someone who you think is gaurding your heart, only to find out you have been played with and never saw it coming? I know I have.

Here are some of my favorite quotes and why:

The scars of your love remind me of us


They keep me thinking that we almost had it all


The scars of your love, they leave me breathless


I can't help feeling


We could have had it all

Do you all remember the PO? You know, the guy I talked so much about a few months ago? The guy I was so starstruck in a daze over? Well he's whom I think each time I hear this song.  The quote above explains why.  I feel scarred and I will probably forever remain scarred by the PO because till this day I have yet to meet him and with time I somehow began to love him and somehow I still do today. I've tried countless times pushing him away, distancing myself and avoiding all communication but find it impossible to do so and so we remain.   I've been taken away by him and his personality and how well he's gotten to know me and my personality despite not physically knowing me, as I him.  And like Adele sings away in her song, "I can't help feeling we could have had it all". Today, I dont know how I feel, I guess I'm just happy  he's back in my life and we're friends and my expectations from him are no longer the same.  I rather keep him as a friend, than not at all.

You had my heart inside of your hand


And you played it to the beat
The PO knew I cared because I would tell him so and because it was obvious.  I was starting to feel like a girl in high school with a first time crush and he was well aware of it too.  He said he was falling for me, big mistake.  I know today he has love for me because he genuinely knows me, maybe more than I know myself and that's kind of scary.  Understandably we didn't meet for a number of reasons, but he kept leading me on to beelive otherwise hence played my heart to the beat. One day I had enough and had to really evaluate the situation and reiterate my feelings.

After two long months, I can say I'm good! I'm glad we're talking again, but my perspective has changed and I'm not caught up in the fairytale anymore and Adele's song doesn't hurt me as it would have had I heard it a month and a half ago.  It just touches me and makes me want to sing it out loud from the bottom of my soul!  I can feel her emotion through her song, a song sung from experience that will be heard and sung by many women across the country I'm sure.

No comments: