About Me

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Babyphat - Plus Line

I was doing some online shopping when I came across babyphat. I've always heard about babyphat but never realized they had a plus line! Where the hell have I been? I guess I've just never been into babyphat apparel. The shoes however, are a different story. Everytime I thought of babyphat I always imagined bright, loud, and over the top clothing (and that includes price).

I decided to hit up babyphat.com and check out their plus line . I came across a few cute outfits that caught my attention, they'd defintely be something I'd wear this summer. However, I still feel the price is a little too high and I'm almost sure I can probably find something similar elsewhere.

Deep V-Neck Belted Jumper for $59.00
"Stand out in high fashion. Trendy jumper features a deep double v-neckline, pyramid studded detailing at shoulders and a self belt at waist. Details include front scoop pockets and a lurex embroidered kitty affixed at upper back. Part of the Dream Catcher collection."
Not bad, considering I spent $50 dollars on a jumper at Torrid.  I like the studded detailing at the shoulders, but not a big fan of V-necks because I am very large at the bust and that means I'd have to wear a tanky underneath so I'm not falling out of the jumper.  Overall, the jumper looks like something I'd wear, it  looks comfortable and you can easily dress it up or down.
Gold Belted Chambray Halter Jumpsuit for $69.00Go for the gold! Stunning jumpsuit features adjustable halter straps, a zip front closure and an adjustable foil belt at waist glamorized by pyramid studs. Details include front pork-chop pockets and a lurex embroidered kitty at upper back. Part of the Dream Catcher collection
This jumpsuit also got my attention, the v-neck isn't too plunged and I like the zippered front and the halter straps. This is something I'd feel comfortable wearing snug on my body, just not too tight to where I can't breath. The price again, still too pricy. I'd probably have to really try this on and absolutely love it before I can decide to spend 70 dollars plus shipping and taxes on a jumpsuit like this!



Smocked Waist Puff Sleeve Top for $49
Flirty frilly ruffles. Puffed short sleeve top features a point collar that leads to a centerfront zip closure that is accented with ruffle detailing at sides. A smocked lower body creates a more fashionable look. Part of the Dream Catcher collection.

With Summer here and temperatures rising, white is defintely the color to wear in order to stay cool and looking fresh. I like the ruffles and detailing on the sleeves and the neckline doesn't look too plunged to where you're falling out of your top if you're busty. I like the smocked lower body of the shirt because it will snug your body nicely and accentuate your curvy waist.

The top also comes in black. I'd prefer black over white because it instantly slims you down, but the white will defintely keep you cool.

So those were the only items that really stood out for me for the summer, mind you, the jumpsuit and the top are items you can use year round. I still think the babyphat clothing line is too expensive and for some reason I get a sense of low quality when I think of babyphat.  I'll have to try something out and write a review, but for now Torrid is still my #1 plus size shop.

To check out babyphat's plus size line just click here.

How do you feel about baby phat?

No comments: