About Me

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Movie Night - Salt

Hey gorgeouz!
I went to the movies with my bestie Liz, and a friend Karen. Liz is trying to get her license so when I picked her up, we went to her moms house and picked up her car so she can drive it around and gain more practice. I have a few clips I'll post up later! But maybe once she gets her license I'll share a little journey with anyone interested in watching.  Something's always up and going on when we get together so I'd love to share that with anyone willing to watch.

Anyway, I called shotgun for the backseat! I know everyone is like "why the backseat" but you know, I have been driving since I was 16 and I rarely experience what the backseat feels like so I just wanted to feel like a cab rider for the day lol and Liz was my chofer lol.


Anyway, since we went to the movies, I went with something very laid back and casual. Here's my outfit for the evening.




I wore some blue jeans by Paris Blues. I purchased these jeans at Ross for about $17 bucks. I loved them because of the worn out detailing on the front of the jeans and the washout look on the thighs and legs. They were very comfortable and very stretchy. I bought them in a size 14 and they fit snug but throughout the day it stretched out and ended up fitting perfectly. The back pockets have some detailing on the pockets as well. Here are a few pictures.

Oh...and incase you noticed... I'm sucking on some BlowPop Suckers Cely (MY2HAZELEYEZ) from YT sent me for my B-day! I loved em!! lol

Detailing on left thigh 
Right Knee
Pocket stitching with some worn out detailing
I wore a semi loose fitted cotton grey graphic tee that read "I heart Nerds" and had Snoopy d atop his house as we know him to. I purchased the top at Wal*Mart for only $9 bucks. The top is very light weight and comfortable, easy to breath, and the sleeves were not as fitted as other tee's so I really liked that as well because my arms didn't feel suffocated and restricted.

The length of the top fell right on my hips which helps conceal the stomach area and your side handles or problem areas as I love calling them. Shirts that sit at the hips tend to emphasize your stomach so if your stomach is a problem area you might want to wear tops that are more lengthy so you take the emphasis away from your stomach and focus it on your hips or bust rather than your problem area. 
I layered the grey top over a purple tank just to add some color and also help concealing problem areas. 

I paired up the outfit with some metallic studded thong sandals I purchased at Ross for about $5-8 dollars. I can't quite remember how much they were, but do remember they were a bargain! These sandals are very comfortable and trendy with the studs and can help turn up any casual outfit.

I didn't wear too many accessories because it was a casual outfit and the graphic tee was like an accessorey itself so I just wore some earrings my girl Cely sent me for my b-day. When I first saw them I thought they were sloped hearts, but the more I look at them the more they seam like leaves lol Dont know why I didn't catch that in the first place. Wether they are leaves or hearts, they are still super cute and I loved them. Thank You Cely!

MAKEUP USED
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
  • MAC Bare Study Paint Pot
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin
  • MAC Restless Taupe Eyeshadow from Take Wing Quad
  • Black Liquid Liner - Hot Topic
  • Maybelline Define-a-Lash Mascara
  • MAC blush creme in Pleasureful
  • Wet n Wild Lipstick in 906D


2 comments:

takai said...

i just love your style! :D you are so pretty, im looking forward to see more outfits!

Unknown said...

I'm such a big fan of the comfy look! Look cute!